Sunday, March 11, 2012

Workbook Unit 1


UNIT 1
Making friends

  LESSON A
                           Getting to know you
1. Are you an only child ?    Yes,I'm not.
2. Is your neigborhood quiet ?   Yes,it is.
3. Do you live with your parents ?   Yes, I'do.
4. Do you have a big TV ?      Yes,it is.
5. Do you and your friends go to college ?    Yes, we do.
6. Are you a French major ?            No.I'm not.
7. Does your best friend like action movies ?     Yes,we do.
8. Is your english class fun ?       Yes, we do.

            You and me
Koji: Hi. I'm Koji.
 Isabel: Hi. I am  Isabel. Where are you from , Koji ?
Koji: I am from japan . How about you ?
 Isabel: Mexico , from Monterrey.
Koji: Oh, my friends Manual and Rose are from Mexico , too.
 Isabel: Really? Are your friends here now ?
Koji: No, they are not. Uh, I quess they are late.
 Isabel: Is the teacher here ?
Koji: Yes, she is . She is over there .
 Isabel: She looks nice . What is her name ?
Koji: I think it is Ms.Barnes.

                                       I'm rudy

1. Is Rudy from San francisco ?
      -No, he's not . He's from Los Angeles.
2. Are his friends English majors ?
      -No, his friends major is french.
3. Do his friends study in the evening ?

      -No, his friends study in the break fast.
4. Is he from a large family ?
      -No, he's not. he's from a small family.

                                            About you 2

1. What 's your first name?
2. Do you have a full-time job ?
3. Does your live best friend near by?
4. What do you do on weekends ?
5. Where do you go for fun ?
6. What's your like teacher ?

LESSON B                            Things in common

             What doesn't belong ?
           Circle the word that doesn't belong in each group.
1. apples butter mangoes strawberries
2. CD jacket jeans sweater
3. black color green red
4. baseball basketball singing volleyball
5. cat dog fish pet
6. desser juice milk water

                          We're the same

1. I'm a soccer fan.
    -I am too
2. I can't stand doing the laundry .
    -Me too
3. I can sing karoake all night.
    -I don't like.
4. I'm not a good cook.
    -I'm not either.
5. I don't shopping.
    -I do too.
6. I love to swim in cold water.
    -I don't too.

                                About you

1.   A: I always eat chocolate for dinner.
      B: Really ? I don't.
2.   A: I'm not a baseball fan.
      B: Me too.
3.   A: I can't drive.
      B: Me too.
4.   A: I don't have a pet.
      B: Really ? I don't .
5.   A: I'm allergic to bananas.
      B: Really ? I don't.
6.   A: I can cook Italian food.
      B: Me too.

    LESSON C                             Do you come here a lot ?

                                 Starting a conversation.

1.  A: Ooh, it's cold . Can I close the window ?
     B: Sorry, I just opened it. I'm a little warm , actually.
2.  A: You look really nice today . That's a beautiful jacket.
     B: Thanks , Actually , it's from China.
3.  A: Boy , the food is great. And this cake is really wonderfull.
     B: Thank you. It's my grandmother's recipe.
4.  A: Is this your first English class here ?
     B: Yes , it is. What about you ?
5.  A: Is it me , or is it kind of noisy in here ?
     B: Yeah, it's pretty loud ! Is this your first time here ?
6.  A: Hey , I don't know you . Do you live around here ?
     B: Uh , no I don't , I'm actually visiting from Guadalajara.

                                    Um , Actually,...
           
1-a;
2-a;
3-b;
4-a;
5-a;
6-b;
7-b;
8-b;

      LESSON D                            
Making conversation

         

1-g;
2-d;
3-e;
4-b;
5-a;
6-c;
7-f;

No comments:

Post a Comment