Monday, March 12, 2012

Checkpoint 1-3

   (Unit 1-3)

1. Can you complete this conversation?

Teri: Hi. How are you doing (do)?
Ruth: Not bad. Actually, have  (have) a cold again. But i'm ok.
Teri: Oh, that's too bad. So, what do you do (do) today?
Ruth: My classmate Sally's here. We planing (plan)an end-of-term party.
          Everybody wants (want) some live music this year.
          How about you? Are you doing anything special today? Are you listening to a CD?
Teri: No, that is my brother. He playing his guitar. He practice (practice) every morning.
Ruth: Hey, is (be) he free on Saturday?

          is he want (want) to play at our party?
          We need (need) somebody like him.
Teri: Are you kidding (kid)? He's only ten!

2. How can you say no?
Add object pronouns to the sentences. Then ask and answer the questions. If your answer is no, remember to say no in a friendly way.

1. I hate colds, and i get them a lot. Do you get a lot of colds?
2. Some friends and i go to a jazz club every Monday. Do you want to join as next week?
3. I have to go to the hospital tomorrow. Can you come with me?
4. My dad wants to paint the house next weekend. Can you help him?
5. I love listening to Norah Jones. She's great! Do you like her , too?
6. I'm reading a book about the martial arts. Would you like to borrow it sometime?

3. How many words do you remember?
A complete the chart. How many things can you think of for each column?

Types of music you really like- rock, R&B, Hip Hop, pop, classical music, Latin music
Types of TV shows you often watch- star king, hey hey, x factor, American got talent
Hobbies you and your friends have- painting, singing song, dancing, watching movie
Clothes you don't like to wear- mini jeans, old style, shaggy, skirt
Health problems you sometimes get- could, head, shake

4. What do you have in common?
 Complete the sentences with activities. Then compare with a partner. Continue your conversations.


1. A: I like play basketball. How about you?
    B: Oh, i do too. I play on a team on weekends.
    A: Really? i just play with some friends after work. Actually, we have a game tomorrow.
2. A: I don't enjoy painting. How about you?
    B: Oh, i like painting is have a fun.
    A: Really? I just think its borred.
3. A: I'm not good at swim. How about you?
    B: Oh, i do too. I think its a very scary
    A: Yes i do to
4. A: I can't fly. How about you?
    B: Of course , me too.
5. A: I hate worm. How about you?
    B: Oh, i do too. I think worm is very nasty.
6. A: I'm intrested in study. How about you?
    B: OH, i do too. I like study.
    A: Learning somthing is have a fun

5. Surprise, surprise!
 Complete the conversation. Use the sentences in the box. Then practice with a partner.
   
Alice: Hi, Carl. How are things?
Carl: Great. How's school?
Alice: Um, actually, I'm not at school this year.
Carl: Are you serious? So, what are you doing?
Alice: Well, I'm looking for a job right now.
Carl: Really? what do you want to do?
Alice: Well, I'd like to play music in clubs, but-
Carl: What instruments do you play?
Alice: Well, I play jazz.
Carl: No! no way! What kind of music?
Alice: Saxophone and trumpet. But I really need to find someone to play with me.
Carl: I play the piano. Yeah? I am too.
Alice: You play the piano? That's great. Maybe we can practice together sometime.
         I'm free this Friday.
Carl: Not well, but I'd love to play in a band. What's your phone number?
Alice: It's 555-9003. Ok, so call me. Oh, look at the time. Sorry , I have to go.
Carl: Me too. i have my first piano lesson today!

No comments:

Post a Comment