Monday, March 12, 2012

Workbook Unit 2

Unit 2
Interests
Lesson  A
Leisure time
        What do the like to do ?
1.     Pam and Victor aren’t  interested  in  reading  books.  They both prefer  to read   magazines.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   They  really  enjoy reading  fashing  magazines.

2. I am  would  like  to work out every day. He does’n  like  to work out  in  the  gym at all. He enjoy  working out  at  hame  with aviteos

3. Sum hee can’t  to dance now. She’s  interested  in dancing  and  would  like  to dance  the tango.

4.Tom  isn’t  good at  drawing  people He can’t  to draw people at all, but he can to drawing animals very well.

5. Amy and Dave  usually like  to cook, but  they have cooking  Italian food. They  prefer  to cook  Chinese food.

6. Erica  can’t  play  the guitar  vey well.  She  enjoys  playing  the  guitar  lout  not  very good  at playing  it.

                                    At home

L:You  and  I  watch  too much  TV. We need  some exercise.               
J: I know, but  I  don’t  really  enjoy  exercising.
L: But  you Like play tennis, right.
J: Yeah, but  these  days I prefer watch  tennis on TV.
L: How about  bowling ?  We can  both bowl.
J: Yeah, but  it’s  always  pretty noisy.
L: I  guess  you’re  right.
J: Well  you’re  good  at  swim.  And  the  pool  is nearby.
L: But  it’s  always  crowded.
J: Oh, I know !  We both  like  ski.
L: Actually, I  can’t  stant  the cold  and  snow.
J: Really ?  Well, are you  interested  in  try something  now ?
L: Sure, I’d like to go to the new  Thai  restaurant  in  our  neighborhood.
J:Great  idea, Linda, Let’s  talk  about  exercise  tomorrow.

      *3*                                             About  you


 1.   A. What  are you  good  at ?
       B. Well, I’m  pretty good  at  learning  languages. I  can  speak  Portuguese  and  French.
 2.   A. Would  you  like  to  play  a musical  instrument ?
       B. I’d like to play  the  piano.
 3.   A. What  movie do you  want  to see ?
       B. I want  to  see  adventure  movie.
 4.   A. Is these  anything  you  really  hate  doing ?
       B. Yes , there is I hate swming.


LESSON B                                 Music



                          All kinds of music

      1. Talk music                                 5. Classical music
       2. Jazz                                          6. Latin music
       3.Hip hop and rap                         7. Pop music
       4.Country music                            8.rock music


                                        What’s new ?


Hi Sam,
Guess what! My new job is at a music store. You know me
-  I Love listening to music. It’s a great job, and I really like it. So, what’s cool right now? Well, the new Greenday CD is amazing! Thet’re my favorite band. Do you like them? My friends like Usher. Actually, almost everybody I know is am Usher fan. But I don’t really care for him. Cretchen Wilson is cool. Do you  know her? You like country music, right ? You know  I actually kind of like them now.
Oh, did I tell you? I’m  in band great. I want you to meet them. We play hip hop. But my family never comes to listen to US because no one in my family Likes hip hop!But that’s Ok
           What’s new with you? Write soon
 Kevin

                                 Talking about music


1.    A.  Gwen  Stefani  is  a  great  singer, she’s  pretty, too. Do you  liker  her ?
       B.  Yes, I do. She’s  amazing.
2.    A.  You  know  Justin Timberlake,  right ?  I  think  he’s  great.  What  do you  think  of  her?
       B.  She  is  a  great singer.
3.     A.  You  know,  I’m  not  a  fan  of  rap. How  about  you ? Do  you ever listen to him ?
        B. No , I don’t.      
4.     A. Hey, the band  Outkast  performed on TV  last night  they are really cool. Do you know ?      
5.     A  My  mom  and  Dad  love  Sarah Chang. She’s  their  favourite  violinis. Do  your     parents  like  them?
        B. Yes, I do , they  are very famous  violinist.
6.     A.  Do  you  like  latin  music ?  Jeff  and  I  have  tickets  for  the Shakira  concert. Do you want  to go with me?
        B. Yes. I  want  to go with you.
7.     A.  I  don’t  usually  like  country  music,  but  I love  the Dixie  chicks.  Do you know his?
        B. I love Shakira.
*4*                                             About you


1. Do  you  like  Alicia  Keys ?    Yes, I like  her  lot.  She  has  some  great  songs.
2. What  do you  think  of  the  Rolling  Stones?
3.  Do you  like  Mariah Carey?   Yes I do, like  listen  to  married.
4.  Do you  listen  pip  music  very often?     I  often  listen  to pop music.
5.  What  do  you  think  of  talk  music ?  I  hate talk  music.
6.  Do  you  and  your  friends  ever  go  to  concerts ?  Sometimes  my friends go to concert.
7. What  do you  think  of  Marc Anthony ?  Marc Anthony  is  famous  actress.
8. Do  you  know  the  band  Desting’s  Child?  Yes  I do, Desting  child  is  my favourite  a band.
LESSON C  
                                           I Really like making things.

                    Saying no

 J: I  really  like  your  sweater.  Is  in  new?
 K: Not  really.  My  mom  knitted  it  for  me  lost  year.
J: Can  you  knit  or  crochet ?
K: No  I’m  not  really  good with  my bands  But  I bake  a little.
J: Me too.  Do  you  ever  make  chocolate  chip.
K: Well, no  I  prefer  to  make  peanet  Butter  cookies  My new  boyfriends  loves  them!

       
                 
    M: I  want  to  buy  a Yankees  baseball  cup  for  my brother .
    G: Why ?  Is it  his  birthday ?
    M: Not  really. He does  crossword.  Does  your  brother  collect  anything  I  puzzles,  though.
   G: My brother ?  No, but  he  hes  a Big  cop  collection.
   M: Really ?  Does  be  have  any  Hobbies ?
   G: Not really,  he  does  crossword  puzzles,  though.
   M: Oh, yeah?  My  brother  is  on  the computer  all  the  time.
   G: Oh, does  he  do  computer  graphics ?
   M: Um, no  he  Just  plays  computer  games.

      *2*                                No, not really.

1 – Complete  the  into  the  interrect ?
   -Not really. I  don’t  have  a computer.
2 – What  a great  photo !  Are  you  interested  in  photographig ?
   - No. I’m not  interested  in photographig .
3 – I really  enjoy  my piano  lessons  Would  you  like  to Learn  the piano ?
    - Um, no I wouldn’t  like  to  learn  the  piano.
4  -  Look  at  these  flower. They’re  so  beautiful, Do  you  enjoy  gardening ?
  - Well, no  really. I don’t  have a garden . 

      
                                     Yes and No

             1.     A.  Are  you  good  at  fixing  things ?
B.  No, not  really,  I’m  not  good  with  my  hands.
            C.  Yes,  I’m  really  good  at  fixing  cars.
       2.  A.  Do  you  make  your  own  clothes ?
            B.  No, not  really,  I  don’t  make  your  clothes.
            C.  Yes,  I  make  my own clothes.
       3.   A. Does  your  best  friend  collect  anything ?
              B.  No, not  really , my  Best  friend  doesn’t  collect  anything.
              C.  Yes , my  best  friend  collects anything.
          4.  A.  Does  your  teache r Speak  Russian ?
               B. No, not  really, my  teacher  doesn’t  speak  Russian.
               C. Yes,  my  teacher  speak  Russian.
          5.  A.  Are  you  into  winter  sports,  like  sking ?
               B. No, not  really,  I’m  not  into  winter  sports.
               C.  Yes,  I  like  sking.
          6.   A.  Do  you  and  your  friends  enjoy  cooking ?
                B. Um No, We  don’t  enjoy  cooking.
                C. Yes,  we  enjoy  cooking.
          7.   A.   Are  your  classmates  into  computer  games ?
                B.  No, not  really,  my  classmates  aren’t  into  games.
                C.  Yes, my classmates  are  into  games.
          8.   A.   Are  you  interested  in  photographig  ?
                B. No, not  really,  I’m  not  interested  TV.
                C. Yes,  I am  interested  in  photographig.

                                      About you

        1.  Are you into sports?
                 Yes , I  really   like  soccer  and  Volleyball.
              2.    Would      you  like  to  learn  a  new  skill ?
                Yes, I really  like  to  learn  a  new  skill.
              3.      Do you  have  a  lot  of  hobbies ?
               Yes, I have  a lot of  hobbies , Not  really.  I  don’t  have a  lot  of  hobies.
              4.     Can  you  knit  or  sew ?
                Yes, I can  knit  and  sew, Not  really  I  can’t  knit  and  sew.
        5.  Are  you  artistic ?
                Yes, I’m  artistic, Not  really, I,m not  artistic.

LESSON D

                                                                Rock Climbing
One  of  my  hobbies  is  rock  climbing.  I  go  once  or  twice  a  month  with  friends. We  prefer to  climb  the  mountains  neur  my  hous  because  they  we  really  beautiful. We  usually  go  to  Bear  Mountain  and  to  Kennedy  Park.  I  prefer  Kennedy  Park  because  it’s  never Kennedy  Park  also  has  a greet  campground.
It’s  great  to be  outdoors , Because  the  weather  isn’t    always  very  good.  If  it’s  raining  or snowing,   climbing   can  be   very  dangerous  because   the   rocks   get   wet   and   slippery. I   am  also   go  rock  climbing   indoors  , especaill,   jarring   the   winter   Sometimes   My friends   and   I   go climbing   at   the   mal, But  it’s   not   the   same. I   just   go  once   a mounth,   usually    on   Saturday   or   Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. JennyI really like your sweater. Is it new?
    KeikoNot really. My mom knitted it for me last year.
    JennyIt's really nice. So, can you knit, too?
    KeikoNo. I'm not really good with my hands. But I bake a little.
    JennyOh, did you make this cake?
    KeikoActually, no. My sister got it at the bakery. But I like to make cookies sometimes.
    JennyMe too. Do you ever make chocolate chip cookies?
    KeikoWell, no. I like to make peanut butter cookies. My new boyfriend loves them!
    MikeI want to buy a Yankees baseball cap for my brother.
    GregWhy? Is it his birthday?
    MikeNo, but he collects caps. Does your brother collect anything?
    GregMy brother? Not really. He just watches TV a lot.
    MikeBut he can't watch it all the time. Does he have any hobbies?
    GregNot really. Well, I guess his computer is a hobby.
    MikeOh, yeah? My brother is on the computer all the time.
    GregOh, does he use it for homework?
    MikeUm, no. He just uses it for computer games.

    ReplyDelete